Re: What does one do about a package maintainer with an attitude problem?

On Mon, 22 Jul 2013, Jonathan Kamens wrote:
I filed another defect about the same package because one of its dialogs
provided several pieces of incorrect information about a particular
configuration setting and how to change it. He responded, "Oh, that screen
is wrong, we don't actually use that configuration setting. Here's the
setting you actually need to use, and how to examine or change it from the
command line." Then he closed the defect with NOTABUG. I responded and

WONTFIX

I filed another defect about the same page explaining exactly what I had done to cause the issue I was reporting. He closed the bug with
INSUFFICIENT_DATA, without any comment about what exactly he found lacking
in my reproduction steps. I didn't try to argue with him, because, well, I'd
seen by this point how much good that would do.