Re: Anaconda Accolades

On Tue, Dec 04, 2012 at 10:14:59AM -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:

> On Tue, 2012-12-04 at 13:08 -0500, Scott Robbins wrote:
> > > Media verification is the default. If it's taking 20+ minutes on a
> > > physical DVD and we have no progress indicator, that's definitely
> > > something of a problem.
> >

> > As you've said before, it's always been the default.  However in the past,
> > it was very simple to skip--which I always have because frankly, in RH it's
> > never been reliable.
>

> > I don't recollect running into it in recent Beta test installs--is it
> > something that is as easily skipped as it's always been?
>
> If you catch and read the boot menu it's easy enough to skip - you just
> pick 'Install Fedora 18' instead of 'Verify media and install Fedora
> 18'. But you do have to spot it.

Ok, that works for me.  :)  I don't know if I've spotted it or not, but
don't recollect noticing anything taking overly long--hrrm, installed
mostly on VMs from iso images (netinstalls) and from USBs.

> > (Hrrm, the Archer episode, where he and Lana are going to
> > become human prey, comes to mind.  When the villain says to go, Archer
> > pushes Lana to the ground to get a head start--she shouts, "Archer, are you
> > really that self-centered?"  He shouts back, "Apparently.")
>
> MANY POINTS FOR ARCHER

Yes, quite popular here at work.  Some of the things they came up with...
such as that one.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Willow: You just don't like him 'cause of that time he beat you
up every day for five years.
Xander: Yeah, I'm irrational that way.