Re: Anaconda Accolades

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 2:41 AM, Adam Williamson <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, 2012-12-01 at 17:42 -0700, Peter Gueckel wrote:
> No need to comment. Just want to pass on experience to those up the
> ladder.
>
> 1. Stupid 20-minute pause (waiting for a timeout?) before the
> installation got underway.
Thanks for the praise, but the 20 minute pause is somewhat worrying. Did
you watch the console (probably too much to ask, but hey :>) and see any
messages that might relate to a timeout? Did you pick the media
verification option or not? If you did, can you boot without it and see
if it 'fixes' the delay? Thanks.

I did not choose the media select (or at least I don't think I did) and also saw 20+ minute delays with no progress information while the DVD drive rapidly read data.  Manually removing "rd.live.check" solved the issue.

Looking at http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/18-Beta-RC1/Fedora/x86_64/os/isolinux/isolinux.cfg quickly it doesn't seem like that should happen, but perhaps there is confusion about if the media check option is selected or not (it is the default).

I cannot get back to the computers I've been testing this on for at least a few hours though.