Re: Anaconda Accolades

On Sat, 2012-12-01 at 17:42 -0700, Peter Gueckel wrote:
> No need to comment. Just want to pass on experience to those up the
> ladder.
>
> 1. Stupid 20-minute pause (waiting for a timeout?) before the
> installation got underway.
>
> 2. My Intel ipw2200 wireless simply works! One configuration at
> install time and it works for every boot. Wow!
>
> 3. I wasn't sure about the NTP exclamation mark, so I left it and
> ran 'timedatectl set-ntp 1' after installation completed.
> Hopefully, everything is correct.
>
> 4. The dumb "reclaim space" button threw me after I selected 'ext4'
> and "let me customize disk partitioning", but it seemed the only
> choice, so I clicked it.
>
> 5. I really liked how all of my OSes were detected: Fedora 15,
> Fedora 16 and Fedora 17. I wanted to reformat the Fedora 15
> partition, so I clicked it and it opened up to display a root and
> swap. I entered / and reformat for root and left swap untouched (I
> want F16 and F17 fallback systems to still be able to use it, so it
> wouldn't be good to risk it getting a new label).
>
> Conclusion: Despite the initial delay, all went swiftly and
> smoothly, without a hitch.
>
> Grade: somewhere in the B+ to A- range. Great job!

Thanks for the praise, but the 20 minute pause is somewhat worrying. Did
you watch the console (probably too much to ask, but hey :>) and see any
messages that might relate to a timeout? Did you pick the media
verification option or not? If you did, can you boot without it and see
if it 'fixes' the delay? Thanks.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey