Re: How to interpret F18 Blocker criterion

On Fri, 2012-11-09 at 10:01 +0100, Matthias Runge wrote:
> On 11/09/2012 09:49 AM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>

> > But as has been pointed out why aren't we testing and ensuring that
> > Fedora runs well in vmware,hyperv and virtualbox since we ensure it
> > works well being dualbooted alongside windows?
> >
> > JBG
> OK, agreed. It seems common, to run Fedora also in any kind of
> virtualization environment. So, we're also interested in a good user
> experience there (whatever this may include).
>
> But: Which environments do we take into account? Carry this to extremes:
> We also need to look at cloud infrastructure envs, which are a special
> case of virtualization....

The fact that EC2 runs on Xen is actually one of the main reasons we
added a criterion for Xen a couple of cycles back. I think Johann and
Kamil make a decent point that we might want to continue expanding our
support/testing in the direction of more diverse virt environments than
just Fedora's 'native' virt stack.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey