Re: How to interpret F18 Blocker criterion

On 11/09/2012 07:49 AM, Matthias Runge wrote:
On 11/09/2012 01:01 AM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:

In today's age it's become more common to just run GNU/Linux in a vm
since more or less all hw you buy this day has a virtual capable cpu
instead of jumping through the partitioning hoops and loose the warranty
and support while you are at it and yeah one of the fundamental things
users like and have to do is to upgrade their computers and devices
firmware and even now in the 21 century it cant be done in GNU/Linux
with an ease...
Do I understand you right, that you're suggesting to run Linux in a vm instead of real hardware? Because it's the 21st century and we would loose warranty?

Noooo!, right?

If I was asked I would actual respond that way if it voids people warranty or OS support.
If those have expired then it's an whole different ball game...

We definitely need to ensure, Fedora runs quite well as dual boot installation.

I was saying today it's more common that people use vm ( In both direction linux in vm on windows and windows in vm on linux ) instead of dualbooting.

But as has been pointed out why aren't we testing and ensuring that Fedora runs well in vmware,hyperv and virtualbox since we ensure it works well being dualbooted alongside windows?

JBG