Re: How to interpret F18 Blocker criterion

On Wed, 2012-11-07 at 11:55 +0100, Chris Murphy wrote:

> I actually don't understand the RHEL angle on this missing piece
> either. What is the use case of installing RHEL along side Windows?
> Really, enterprise users do this? They share a single disk with one
> bootloader/manager taking over another? Seems risky to me. I'd think
> best practices would be, at best, separate OS's on separate drives, in
> the case of BIOS-MBR. For UEFI-GPT it's… different.

One word: laptops.

Few laptops can fit a second hard drive.  And you quickly learn that in
the real word you had better leave Windows installed so can get tech
support, download new firmware, etc.  So you resize it down to minimal
and put your work OS on.  And if you can't do it in a couple of tries
then you will probably pick a distro that can pull it off.