Re: How to interpret F18 Blocker criterion

On 11/09/2012 03:52 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
On Fri, Nov 09, 2012 at 03:31:23PM +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
Btw last time I check the cloud solution being deployed rank this...
Where were you checking?

Inhouse Gartner document which seems to be inline with the recent cloud survey from zenoss

1.VMware
2 Xen
3.KVM
4.HyperV
These are virtualization technologies, which are fundamental to cloud but
not in themselves cloud solutions.

We are talking about testing the virtualzation technologies not cloud solution or their providers

So that criteria only cover Xen but not the most used and deployed
cloud solution
Amazon EC2 is Xen-based. Rackspace uses KVM. (OpenStack.)

These are cloud providers using cloud solution on top of the virtualization technologies and our criteria should only cover running fedora as an guests and hosts ( server ) where applicable ( guest in vmware,xen,kvm,hyperv and server for kvm,xen ).

JBG