Re: Janus: doxygen web dependencies

On Thu, 2022-10-20 at 08:42 -0400, Ben Beasley wrote:
> You are on the right track, unfortunately. In general, correctly
> packaging web assets in Fedora is tedious at best, and in some cases
> nearly impossible.
>
> Packaging documentation and demos is always nice when it’s tractable,
> but there is no requirement to include them in a Fedora package, and I
> would definitely proceed without them if I were you. I personally
> wouldn’t bother jumping through the necessary hoops to include them
> later, either.

Yeah, well. Lorenzo (upstream developer) was pretty bummed when I told him I was
considering not including the demos and documentation.

I've decided to do the work and package the web resources.

The only thing that bothers me is that, so far, one of them requires grunt;
which is a dead package and I'll have to maintain it. I don't have a particular
taste for javascript or node-related packages. Didn't want to end up maintaining
that one... but here I am...

Well, will have to read about how to resurrect dead packages. Thank you for the
confirmation.

> P.S.:
>
> In most but not all cases, it’s possible to use Doxygen to produce a PDF
> instead of HTML documentation. The result is probably acceptable for
> packaging (modulo some nagging questions about whether we should worry
> about possible embedded fonts, and, if we should worry, what we can even
> do about them). If this approach is something you want to attempt, I can
> provide examples or a PR upon request.

Thanks. Upstream suggested this but I think it's better to offer the doxygen
documentation as is so that upstream doesn't need to start worrying about PDF
files now. Thanks for the offer, though. :D