Re: Request for feedback: %pycached macro for %files section

On 07. 01. 20 19:23, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
I agree with Neal here. %pyfile is probably the best/simplest option.
It will read best too, as it basically says "Deploy the functionality
of this python file in the appropriate manner". The implementation can
then be adjusted as needed.

Sorry to hear that now. We have decided (with Petr Viktorin) that we like %pycached more and that %pyfile is too mysterious - and that in either way it is bikeshedding.

%pycached has been merged and deployed, the ship has sailed.

See https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/python-rpm-macros/pull-request/37#comment-35438

--
Miro Hrončok