Re: HEADS UP: Source File Verification

JO> In the historic CVS-based build system which predated what we now
JO> use, we could do GPG key verification at the time of downloading and
JO> importing a new tarball.

You're right; tmz dug up a copy of the old Makefile.common file:
https://tmz.fedorapeople.org/tmp/Makefile.common

I believe this is simply functionality that wasn't duplicated into
fedpkg (or rpkg or whatever) when we stopped using Makefiles.  It would
certainly be useful to have it implemented and is worth someone opening
a ticket.

And in any case, it's still perfectly valid to check signatures at
package %prep time.  Imagine I'm building from an srpm that I've
unpacked, or have grabbed the spec and run spectool -g.  Why not have
the specfile check the signatures at that point?  Doing it there doesn't
preclude doing it at some other step as well, and it's not as if this is
all that computationally expensive these days.

 - J<