Re: Is "ascii" a valid package name?

On 10/22/2009 07:15 PM, Jochen Schmitt wrote:

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 18:57:47 +0200, you wrote:

Is Fedora supposed to be a "hardly useful" packages cult which adopts
any package?  Provided the quality of certain packages and how certain
reviews are being performed, at least I can't deny this thought.

There was a request on

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/WishList
OK, it's someone's pony ...

and because it's a tiny package you may not need a lot of time
for maintainmence.

For the naming discussion, because Debian use the same name as
upstream and Debeian has more packages as Fedora, I see no
problem to use the upstream package name for it.

At least, of course I have wrote a mail to upstream fo suggest a
rename of this package. But until now I haven't got any response.
Are you seriously expecting an answer?

Ralf