Re: Is md5sum compulsion in review instead sha1sum?

On 10/14/2009 03:06 PM, Jon Ciesla wrote:
Ralf Corsepius wrote:
On 10/14/2009 09:55 AM, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

(as is posting specs in
addition to SRPMs BTW.
Not agreed. Many packaging issues can be easily be found in specs,
without downloading with the actual *.src.rpm.
True. I always wget both, install the SRPM and diff the specs, and ask
about any differences if the packager goofed. Though I certainly see
your point, especially for extremely large pacakges, like games with
huge globs of data (i.e. wesnoth), etc.

Another aspect, at least I use these *.specs for:
I use them as a "sneak-preview" to decide on whether I would want to get involved into a review or if I would prefer to abstain from it.

Ralf