Re: Is md5sum compulsion in review instead sha1sum?

On 10/14/2009 09:55 AM, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

Le Mer 14 octobre 2009 05:47, Chris Weyl a écrit :

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 10:13 PM, Matthias Clasen<mclasen@xxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

That part of the review guidelines has always struck me as bizarre.
After all, wouldn't it seem even better to compare the actual tarballs
with each other, byte-by-byte, than relying on a checksum ?

Um.  An easily reproducible, cryptographically strong checksum? :)

This is one test I never do, nothing will stop the packager from changing the
packaged archive as soon as the review is finished,
ACK.

so the whole thing is a
major waste of time for everyone involved IMHO
Agreed.

(as is posting specs in
addition to SRPMs BTW.
Not agreed. Many packaging issues can be easily be found in specs, without downloading with the actual *.src.rpm.

Ralf