Re: [Magazine] Review first step to write in the magazine

On 08/11/2016 04:02 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 12:25:00PM -0300, Eduard Lucena wrote:
Hi team,

Normally we receive the newcomers with a welcome email providing some
guides as how start writing to the magazine.

Now, viewing some emails i'm getting notice that we have some task pending
in this, for example there are 2 completely differents articles about
writing:

https://fedoramagazine.org/write-for-the-fedora-magazine/
https://fedoramagazine.org/writing-an-article-for-the-fedora-magazine/

These aren't duplicates.  The first is a periodical article (post)
that Remy wrote to encourage people to join us.  It was published in
May of this year.  The second is a procedural page (not post) to which
we direct people that shows them how to start the process.

Other issue I bring up in other thread was about content. There isn't a
guideline about what is allowed and what isn't (regarding is talking about
FOSS or no FOSS, legal or no legal, if a software can be installed from
official repo).

The wiki pages should be updated too, because normally we guide new
contributors to the wiki, and they can get to the wiki pages that have
outdated info:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Magazine
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Magazine/Howtopost

I'd prefer we not direct people to the wiki at all if possible, and
that we retire these pages.  Just my $0.02.

For what it's worth, we discussed this briefly at the tail end of the meeting after Paul headed out, and we agreed that we should do some wiki gardening to point those pages towards the resources we are actively maintaining and curating on the Fedora Magazine. One of the pages we found (discovered) was a "how-to write an article" page. It had the basics, but it was fairly dated… I'd love to point that page to Paul's "how-to write an article" draft he has, once it's polished and ready for the public eye. :)

I thing we can discuss this in the meeting and assign actions to take, and
IMHO the right moment is now, that we are receiving a lot of contributors.

Sounds fine to me.  I actually have an article template I've started
putting together for the other stuff you mentioned.

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory