Re: [Magazine] Review first step to write in the magazine

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 12:25:00PM -0300, Eduard Lucena wrote:
> Hi team,
>
> Normally we receive the newcomers with a welcome email providing some
> guides as how start writing to the magazine.
>
> Now, viewing some emails i'm getting notice that we have some task pending
> in this, for example there are 2 completely differents articles about
> writing:
>
> https://fedoramagazine.org/write-for-the-fedora-magazine/
> https://fedoramagazine.org/writing-an-article-for-the-fedora-magazine/

These aren't duplicates.  The first is a periodical article (post)
that Remy wrote to encourage people to join us.  It was published in
May of this year.  The second is a procedural page (not post) to which
we direct people that shows them how to start the process.

> Other issue I bring up in other thread was about content. There isn't a
> guideline about what is allowed and what isn't (regarding is talking about
> FOSS or no FOSS, legal or no legal, if a software can be installed from
> official repo).
>
> The wiki pages should be updated too, because normally we guide new
> contributors to the wiki, and they can get to the wiki pages that have
> outdated info:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Magazine
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Magazine/Howtopost

I'd prefer we not direct people to the wiki at all if possible, and
that we retire these pages.  Just my $0.02.

> I thing we can discuss this in the meeting and assign actions to take, and
> IMHO the right moment is now, that we are receiving a lot of contributors.

Sounds fine to me.  I actually have an article template I've started
putting together for the other stuff you mentioned.