Re: Password storage and distribution needs

On 06/01/2016 05:23 PM, Brian Proffitt wrote:
Not sure about number of people, but there should be at least one person
assigned as "caretaker" at all times, and then each channel would have
their own policy to figure out who else has moderator/poster status.

This should be very small scale. A database like rattic should store the
passwords and then assign each user only the passwords to which they are
authorized.

The trick here is a universal policy for the "caretaker" Who is it? How
are transitions handled? These are really governance questions that have
to be answered in case someone leaves the project(s).

BKP

Sorry, lost track of this email chain until now… would it be possible to have multiple caretakers? I feel like it might be a good thing to have in place long-term if there were two to three caretakers set up to manage these.

We could create a ticket and put some ideas to a vote if that would help move this forward in terms of deciding on a policy.

Brian Proffitt
574-383-9BKP
Twitter: TheTechScribe
Skype: LinuxScribe