Re: Password storage and distribution needs

On 06/08/2016 03:54 PM, Brian Proffitt wrote:
On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 12:42 PM, Justin W. Flory <jflory7@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:jflory7@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On 06/01/2016 05:23 PM, Brian Proffitt wrote:

        Not sure about number of people, but there should be at least
        one person
        assigned as "caretaker" at all times, and then each channel
        would have
        their own policy to figure out who else has moderator/poster status.

        This should be very small scale. A database like rattic should
        store the
        passwords and then assign each user only the passwords to which
        they are
        authorized.

        The trick here is a universal policy for the "caretaker" Who is
        it? How
        are transitions handled? These are really governance questions
        that have
        to be answered in case someone leaves the project(s).

        BKP

    Sorry, lost track of this email chain until now… would it be
    possible to have multiple caretakers? I feel like it might be a good
    thing to have in place long-term if there were two to three
    caretakers set up to manage these.

    We could create a ticket and put some ideas to a vote if that would
    help move this forward in terms of deciding on a policy.

Yes, we can easily have multiple caretakers. And I like the idea of
putting this out for a vote.

BKP

[snip]

Hey all, sorry for the late follow-up here. But I have a ticket created for this topic and have it added to our meeting agenda for tomorrow.

    https://fedorahosted.org/marketing-team/ticket/229

Please take a minute to review the ticket if you can and add any thoughts / feedback to this. Otherwise, we'll discuss tomorrow!

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory