Re: Article Idea: How to Install Cisco Packet Tracer in fedora

On 06/02/2016 10:38 PM, Huiren Woo wrote:
Hey there Tayeh,

Thanks for the contribution! Would be really nice if you could have it
on Fedora Magazine as a pitch. I think the following URLs would be
beneficial, do take a look:

 - https://fedoramagazine.org/writing-an-article-for-the-fedora-magazine/
 - https://fedoramagazine.org/writing-a-new-pitch/

Thank you! :)

Best Regards,
Woo Huiren
Fedora Ambassador & Marketing | Open Organization Ambassador

Thanks for sending this links, Woo! These are the first steps for submitting a pitch for the Fedora Magazine and ensures that the rest of the team will be able to easily process and review your work.

Looking over your draft, I had a few questions about the article. I'm not sure if the Cisco Packet Tracer is free/open source software, nor is it something readily available in Fedora. It's been a while since I've used it, but I also thought it was something you had to have a license to use. For these reasons, it might not be a best fit for the Magazine if it encourages users towards proprietary software. However, like I said, I am not extremely familiar with the program, only a little bit.

Do you know if there is any similar software available in the free and open source world? Writing an article on that would be a surefire way to get it out on the Magazine if you're aware of anything.

Hope this feedback helps!

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory