Re: Fwd: Fedora Magazine Mailing list created

On 08/23/2013 01:43 PM, zacharias.mitzelos@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
And also byfollowing the default is open method, that's why we
decided to make a mailing list on our own, to discuss about any issues on the
magazine with all the users. And we don't limit the discussions to bugs
on the magazine only, but to bring all discussions regarding the
magazine on this list. And we also want our visitors (and developers
ofc) to communicate with us (stuff) in a way. And not having them
contacting the marketing list ;)

I don't understand the problem with contacting the marketing list. Can you perhaps make it clear to me how magazine-related discussions are not marketing-related and why they should be separate?

I don't think that making this list is "a too much". And needless to
say that any major changes on the magazine will be forwarded on the
marketing list so everyone can comment(eg. Fedora calendar). We don't
want to separate the magazine from the marketing team. ;)

I'm not talking only about major changes, though - I'm talking about any general discussion.

The magazine should be a core part of the marketing effort, IMHO. Having it require two lists seems counter-intuitive to that.

PS: the idea was discussed on our weekly meeting and no one
disagreed with that.

Unfortunately, I was unable to make the meeting due to being in new hire orientation, or I would have disagreed. This is one of the reasons I like Apache's approach of taking decisions on the mailing list and having a 72-hour window to discuss things... by default, there's always someone who can't make a meeting due to time zone issues, work commitments, etc.
--
Joe Brockmeier | Open Source and Standards, Red Hat
jzb@xxxxxxxxxx | http://community.redhat.com/