Re: FE package database

Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
On Wed, 2006-06-07 at 15:45 -0400, Warren Togami wrote:

I'm glad that people are talking about possibilities of how to implement this, but we should step back and first think about what are our goals, what do we actually want out of this? I think a package database system would eventually encompass all kinds of information, but initially we must prioritize implementation of things that we need and dependent data structures.

I copied the information from Warren and Hans into the PackageDatabase
page (since it didn't exist yet).  I left space for implementation notes
at the bottom but didn't fill it as I agree that the "what" is still
open enough that the "how" could change drastically.

http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/Schedule/PackageDatabase

-Toshio

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/PackageDatabase

Hmm... I also put it here earlier. We should merge the info and reformat it at some point.

Warren