Re: non fedora-usermgmt user creation

Enrico Scholz wrote:
rdieter@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Rex Dieter) writes:

Yes?  That's the functionality I suggested, just expressed with a
different shell syntax.  Combine something like the above and again,
_no_ dependencies on fedora-usermgmt in packages and I'm satisfied.

Sorry, that's a point where I insist on: when a Fedora Extras package
uses fedora-usermgmt, then it MUST have the corresponding 'Requires(...):
fedora-usermgmt'.
Creating undeterministic behavior by randomly executing plain 'useradd'
or 'fedora-useradd' is not my idea of package management.

It's not undeterministic.  You've claimed that fedora-useradd is
*exactly* the same as regular useradd when not configured by the
sysadmin.  So when/if fedora-usermgmt is installed or not shouldn't
make a difference, right?  (-:

Ok, let's look at the following %package list for a kickstart (or any
other from-scratch) installation

OK, so I must've mis-read/mis-remembered past claims that fedora-usermgmt in it's unconfigured state was the same as useradd.

-- Rex