Re: non fedora-usermgmt user creation

David Lutterkort wrote:
On Mon, 2006-03-06 at 13:48 -0600, Rex Dieter wrote:

Mike McGrath wrote:

The problem I have with the UserCreation page in the wiki is it provides
no non fedora-usermgmt creation alternatives.  And since fedora-usermgmt
is not yet in wide adoption I'm very hesitant to use it.

Which in the scope of Fedora Extras is a small/non issue, IMO. AFAIK, fedora-usermgmt acts (almost) exactly like the usual useradd when it's not specially configured by end-users.

It also makes the specfile immediately fedora-centric.

This is *Fedora* Extras afterall.  (-:

The second I used
foedora-usermgmt for the puppet package, I had a request to make it
build for CentOS again.

You could always put in %post something like:
%if "{%?fedora:1}" == "1"
fedora-usermgmt bits
%else
non fedora-usermgmt bits