Re: The way forward and Docs Meeting Minutes

On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 00:58:22 +0300
Jean-Baptiste <jean-baptiste@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Le 16/08/2017 à 16:40, Petr Kovar a écrit :
> > On Tue, 01 Aug 2017 11:32:11 +0300
> > Jean-Baptiste Holcroft <jean-baptiste@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> May I ask to l10n admin to lock docs projects on zanata while the second phase comes? Note I don't ask for deletion, because keeping it alive will help us for translation memory.
> >
> > All Zanata projects should be locked now. Let me know if there any left.
> >

> Thanks Petr, but I think this was missed:
> https://fedora.zanata.org/project/view/publican-fedora

Good catch, I've just locked it.

> https://fedora.zanata.org/project/view/multiboot-guide
> https://fedora.zanata.org/project/view/defensive-coding-guide
> https://fedora.zanata.org/project/view/csi-security-policy
> https://fedora.zanata.org/project/view/anaconda-addon-development-guide
> https://fedora.zanata.org/project/view/amateur-radio-guide
> https://fedora.zanata.org/project/view/accessibility-guide

Actually, I can't lock these as I'm not a maintainer there.

Alex, can you or someone from your team lock the projects listed above?
Thanks!

> I suggest all new zanata projects related to documentation to start with
> "fedora-docs-*" so we can search them easily in the future. Note that I
> cheated, I used the docs group:
> https://fedora.zanata.org/version-group/view/docs

Yeah, agreed, fedora-docs- sounds like a good prefix for projects.

> Note that using multiple projects in Zanata is no problem at all, but
> you should have a look to the website's project :
> https://fedora.zanata.org/project/view/fedora-web
>
> In Zanata, we have :
> * Project > Versions (Branches) > Documents.
>
> The website team is use one "Version/branch" per website (there is only
> one published version).
>
> The difference is that the repository branch is not handle in zanata but
> in your repository, which is more convenient for administration of
> groups by Zanata administrator (by consequence, it makes sure we -
> translators - translate the right things).
>
> The decision is yours!

Actually, I'll let those who work on Fedora docs and the new publishing
platform these days to decide what and how they want the new Fedora docs
translated. It's their call now. :)

Cheers,
pk