Re: New Docs Site Update

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017, at 07:31 PM, Jean-Baptiste wrote:
> Le 10/08/2017 à 21:09, Brian Exelbierd a écrit :
> > On Thu, Aug 10, 2017, at 07:02 PM, Jean-Baptiste Holcroft wrote:
> >> . can we have a dedicated page for translators? Current information in
> >> main page aren't accurate, and I would like to submit a text, do you mind
> >> creating an empty page wherever you'll find it convenient?
> >
> > What kind of information? That will help me create the page. Can you
> > show me what you're replacing?
>
> Currently we have:
> "If you would like to translate Fedora documentation into your language,
> visit the Fedora Localization Project at
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N. Translations are not being published
> at this time, but are in progress."
>
> => at the moment, I'll advice not to translate anything and wait for the
> creation of a new doc-project in Zanata with up to date content. It is
> not sure the translation memory (even if it is good) can make miracles.
>
> I suggest to rewrite the last page:
> => Translation publication system is not functional yet but is in
> progress. It will come soon and an annoucment will be sent to
> translators mailing list. Please do not open bugs.

I made this change:
https://pagure.io/fedora-docs/docs-fp-o/c/7c10c16ef3b768fef45441d867620dde26c8d317?branch=master

see it built here: https://bex.fedorapeople.org/fedora-docs-web/

Does this work?

> After, I'll develop this page with tips & tricks to know about:
> * publication rythm & process
> * how to add languages
> * builing a website in a specific language (for testing)

Sounds like we should collaborate on these.

> * what to translate/not to translate (page titles, links).
> * how to add locale language specific content
> * asciidoc content: tables (spaces management), etc.

This third one is going to be fun times.

> * etc.
>
> >> . can we have a workshop in flock?
> >
> > The schedule is set. However we can do something adhoc. Thursday night,
> > if not before.
>
> Is it this one?
> https://flock2017.sched.com/event/Bm8n/turning-legacy-docs-into-user-story-based-content

This one is about content, not translations/structure.  Depending on
attendance, you and I can chat during it.  If not, we can talk in the
evening.

regards,

bex