The way forward and Docs Meeting Minutes

Here are the minutes from today's docs meeting.  It was really just a
conversation about the way forward (see below):

<zodbot> Meeting ended Mon Jul 31 14:54:46 2017 UTC. Information about
MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot .
<zodbot> Minutes:
https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2017-07-31/fedora_docs.2017-07-31-14.01.html
<zodbot> Minutes (text):
https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2017-07-31/fedora_docs.2017-07-31-14.01.txt
<zodbot> Log:
https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2017-07-31/fedora_docs.2017-07-31-14.01.log.html

## The way forward

The proposed movement forward is this:

1. Fix https://pagure.io/docs-reboot/docs-fp-o/issue/5 - our only
blocker bug.  x3mboy and rkratky are hoping to have a fix this week
unless someone beats them to it.

2. Create an html repo for publishing the new site.

3. Rename all existing docs repositories on pagure into a
fedora-docs-old namespace.

4. Rename the docs-reboot namespace fedora-docs and fix permissions on
repositories.

5. Work with infra to get the existing docs.fp.o site renamed to
docs-old.fp.o when the new site launches.

6. Prepare a final DocBook publish that removes the F26 materials from
the old site and push it when the new site launches (or shortly
thereafter).  After this make publishing of this site a manual effort as
it should no longer get updates.

7. Work with infra to get the new docs.fp.o html repository publishing
on docs.fp.o and docs.stg.fp.o.  Ideally we will have the shortest
refresh cycle possible for a while to permit rapid republishing in case
we find problems at launch.

8. Create a CI job in the CentOS CI that regenerates the site upon
updates to the branches.  Today this is a manual step (3 commands or
so).  Ideally this CI job will produce stage which can then be manually
merged to prod.

9. Begin work on phase II and any new bugs found.  Phase II priorities
include Translation and Search.  We should also work on any new content
that wishes to be published this way, including the content the council
wants to bring over.  Far from lastly, we need a new content and a
contribution guide.

As the meeting was lightly attended but we have in principal agreed on
this move in the past, I am going to keep working with the team to drive
it forward.  If there are questions please raise them now.

regards,

bex