Re: [389-users] attributes from 00core.ldif put in 99users.ldif after schema update

Brian LaMere wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 8:52 PM, Rich Megginson <rmeggins@xxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:rmeggins@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     That was an early alpha version that was only in testing and
>     should not
>     have been pushed to stable (not sure how that happened).  I strongly
>     encourage you to use 389-ds-base-1.2.6-1.  This is now in the testing
>     repos and will be pushed to stable at the end of this week.
>

> oops - well, maybe that will explain the other (actual) problem I had
> after the schema update.  I'll post on that when I get back to work
> tomorrow and can describe it; it's something that I can only find/see
> within the 389-console.
>

>     Yes, bugzilla does allow you to mark attachments as private.  But
>     is it
>     possible to reproduce this issue with just some dummy data to
>     avoid the
>     risk entirely?  And if it is indeed a bug, we should open a
>     bugzilla for
>     this issue.
>

> I didn't create any actual entries, it was just definitions for
> attributetypes and objectclasses.  I don't really see much of a risk
> (necessarily?) unless my schema was just insanely broken; I don't use
> those two attributes anyway ;)  happy to send the schema to whomever
> to try on their own, or I could just spin up a new EC2 instance and
> reload it "fresh" again and see if it happens again if loaded on an
> ec2 i686 instance...
>
> However, if what I'm using is an unstable version, it could just be
> that it was triggered by doing a reload (regardless of content), and
> had nothing to do with my schema at all.  Is that more likely?
It could be - a1 had many bugs in it - was not intended for production use.

schema reload does pretty much the same schema file processing as the
server does when it starts up - it does process 00core.ldif and the
other schema files.