Re: [389-users] attributes from 00core.ldif put in 99users.ldif after schema update

2010/8/31 Noriko Hosoi <nhosoi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Any special messages in the errors log?

None; once the import succeeded (previous post about superior attributes), it succeeded without any errors.

Server version.

Very fresh install.  Installed at 389-ds-base-1.2.6-0.1.a1, which is apparently still the most updated version.

  Is MMR 2-way?

yes - though, I had disabled MMR during the import (completely; I went in to the replication tab and unchecked the "enable replica" box, which means I had to redo the agreements too).

Could it be possible to share the custom schema with us?

I could, yes - I'd rather not do it completely to the whole email list, but it's not really all that sensitive of information so I could send it to particular people.  I don't recall if fedora's bugzilla install allows for making private file uploads?  Is it worth opening a bug report since it only did it during the first load?

I assume you could search x121Address and internationalISDNNumber attributes with the base DN "cn=schema" (i.e., they are visible on the Console) and restarting the server does not change it.  If that's the case, I think the server is in the right state now.  But we'd like to reproduce the problem you encountered.

Yes, simply removing the entries from 99user.ldif, then reloading again, made it not repeat.  However, the first server which didn't do this did instead do something else I noticed later; I'll bring that up in a different post, since unlike this problem (which is almost just a bug report) the other I noticed later is an actual issue that needs to be resolved.

One thing I realized is that the two servers aren't actually identical; the one that grabbed those two attributes and put them in 99user.ldif is an i686 box (running in a cloud, but that shouldn't matter...the architecture might, though).  The one that didn't exhibit that behavior was instead an x86_64 box (physical, non-vm).

Brian LaMere