Re: Regarding install options

On 23.10.2008 18:56, Jesse Keating wrote:

Neither will the meaning of 'minimal' be.  Will it have networking?
Will it have yum?  Will it have ssh?  Will it speak my language?  So on,
and so forth.

Not sure if my mind plays tricks with me, but I got the impression that I hear something like the above as a "shoot the discussion down" argument every few days right now... This is starting to annoy me, as statements like the above don't lead anywhere: Decisions have to be made; repeatably pointing out that it's hard to do them doesn't bring us a tiny bit further. So please:

Just let a group of interested people make a decision and realize it as a feature for F11! Then we hopefully can get rid of this topic (which seems to pop up every few weeks...).

Just my 2 cent.

Cu
knurd

(¹) Just like other decisions get made every day in Fedora. "Chose the default" decisions are a good example, that are just as hard to make often: Epiphany or Firefox? Pidgin or Empathy? Thunderbird or Evolution? Some people won't like the decision in the end, but it's better for everyone to make one !