Re: F8 is getting *really* sysadmin-hostile

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
I think there very well maybe a valid usage case here for a legacy
network stack using live image as a useful install target for static
ip networks. But its almost too late for a discussion about it to
matter much since NM should have static ip support by F9 and be the
default stack for all installable images.. whether live or not.

-jef
I hope by then all the kinks have been worked out. I STILL can't use NM to do networking, due to various problematic bugs in it. Even when it was working, I still had to start up the legacy networking system first, due to a pretty serious cyclical dependency; NetworkManager depends on DBus, which depends on being able to get userids. If you're using an LDAP server, though... the result is NetworkManager needs DBus, which needs LDAP, which needs NetworkManager. The result? The system freezes at the first service in the cycle.