Re: KDE logout options with F8

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
I wasn't complaining to you btw. Just explaining my perspective.

Which you'd already done elsewhere in the thread. Several times. No need to bring it up again, is all. It's like you were looking for someone to get back into the flame war with.

We are looking to have a more neutral backend. This is good for both KDE and GNOME.

This is good for the long term if it works out well.

If your first reaction had been to ask for more information instead of add complaints, I might have mentioned that the plan is to have this for F9 (I think so at least, someone can correct me if I'm wrong?). Not sure if that counts as long term...

Meanwhile can we please make it so that if the user unselects GNOME and selects KDE explicitly in Fedora DVD image, the user gets KDM by default? I think this is a very reasonable request to make. Please consider it.

It is a reasonable request. Can you accept reasonable answers? Notting and jkeating have already replied with technical analysis explaining why it is not possible. If you have more knowledge than they do about the crazy way anaconda and comps works, and can refute their knowledge, please do on technical terms. Note: "I, on behalf of the KDE SIG, think we should be able to do this" is not technical.

Besides, we already know it's not going to happen for F8. And F9 we could in theory have a better all around solution....