Re: KDE logout options with F8

Bill Nottingham wrote:
Rahul Sundaram (sundaram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) said:
It sure is since xorg-x11-xdm is available in the repository

Thanks for dismissing my argument without even reading the context of it!
You're swell.

I didn't see any context since you just said inflicting XDM is cruel without specifying why. If someone installs just Xorg without any desktop environment, I don't see why the default Xorg display manager would be a bad choice. The only users who are going to install just Xorg are power users and we don't have to worry about them too much since this is a corner case.

Besides my point was that if users select GNOME they should get GDM and if users select KDE, they should get KDM. Is anyone willing to respond to that?

Rahul