Re: just to let you know FESCo agreed to a preliminary injunction while we consider this issue

Dne 31. 01. 24 v 14:44 Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek napsal(a):
On Tue, Jan 30, 2024 at 08:45:37AM -0500, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
One additional point I forgot to address: the initial concern was that
the KDE SIG would be implicitly responsible for maintaining these
packages if they are included in the main repository. From a purely
technical perspective, I think that we should state clearly that the
KDE SIG would be required only to provide advance notice of major
changes but would NOT be responsible for ensuring that these packages
adapt to them. Of course, communicating that to users is harder (and
they'll naturally report bugs to the wrong place in many cases), but I
think the KDE SIG is completely permitted to refuse and retarget any
issues that come up to the appropriate group.

My proposal for consideration is this:
"FESCo will allow these packages in the main Fedora repositories,
however they may not be included by default on any release-blocking
deliverable (ISO, image, etc.)"
I think we should reword this proposal to address this point:

"FESCo will allow these packages in the main Fedora repositories,
however they may not be included by default on any release-blocking
deliverable (ISO, image, etc.). The KDE SIG should provide a notice
before major changes, but is NOT responsible for ensuring that these
packages adapt."

Maybe it would be worth of extending the proposal with something like that "the -x11 package maintainers have to actively monitor relevant components and reassign the -x11 issues appropriately". I would not be surprised if that is the case already, but this could officially relief the KDE SIG.

Vít

Zbyszek