Re: just to let you know FESCo agreed to a preliminary injunction while we consider this issue

On Friday, 2 February 2024 00:49:19 CET Kevin Kofler via devel wrote:
> This can be solved with communication.

That is dealing with the situation your packages would cause, not solving it.
( I don't mean ill will, it just a statement)

> That said, if the KDE SIG does not want to have to coordinate changes with
> any third party, not even as far as just notifying us of the impending
> changes (Stephen Gallagher's proposal does not even require you to wait for
> me or anybody else to reply! Just to asynchronously notify me/us, i.e., drop
> a single mail to kwin-x11-owner@….),

Nobody wants having to coordinate with others, that makes any process more
complicated and resource consuming.

> then the easy way would be to just go
> back to building those subpackages as part of the respective main package.

That is the easy way for what you desire, not _the easy way_.

> I.e., let me and/or anyone else who wants Plasma on X11 comaintain the 2
> packages and assign any X11 issues to me/them. That would probably be the
> least work for everyone.

One of the main reasons of the Change Proposal was precisely to lower the
maintenance. Having to filter through the tickets and assigning them to the
relevant person is certainly more costly than not supporting X11 at all.

> But the separate packages as I submitted them for review are the next best
> solution.

That is only your opinion, of course ;-)