Re: An update on RHEL moving to issues.redhat.com

On 9/15/23 20:27, Colin Walters wrote:
One thing I find amusing about this list (which like some others is kind of a long-running soap opera that happens to sometimes produce software as a side effect) is that many times, I can see just two bits of information:

- The subject of the email
- The name of the person responding

And I basically *know* what they're going to say.

Yeah, I've noticed this as well. It's what happens in a long relationship, such as marriage. You develop these certain trigger exchanges that replay over and over again, even as you often are aware of them. Many are mostly harmless (does ananas belong in pizza?), but not all.

Married to the community, now there's a thought :D

Maybe one morning I'll be drinking my coffee, reading a thread like this that has "issues.redhat.com" in the Subject and see e.g. Kevin Kofler reply, open up the email and he'll say actually something like "JIRA is so awesome!  I love the query language!"¹ and I'll just spew coffee all over my keyboard laughing in surprise.  We could all chose to reply to threads we ordinarily wouldn't, in a different way - just to, you know, spice things up a bit.  Keep the viewers^Hreaders entertained.

Yes, the rarity of those trigger sequences going off rails makes them absolutely priceless. Like when the person hating olives suddenly changes their mind after 20 years.

	- Panu -