Re: An update on RHEL moving to issues.redhat.com

On Mon, 2023-09-11 at 11:43 -0400, Solomon Peachy via devel wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 11, 2023 at 07:58:03AM -0500, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
> > No? All of our packages are on https://src.fedoraproject.org/ and our
> > Fedora-specific source code goes on https://pagure.io/. These are both
> > Pagure, not GitLab. It is open source.
>
>   https://lwn.net/Articles/817426/
>   https://communityblog.fedoraproject.org/making-a-git-forge-decision/
>
>  "After evaluating over 300 user stories from multiple stakeholders, the
>  Community Platform Engineering (CPE) team have aligned on a decision for
>  the git forge that CPE will operate for the coming years. We are opting
>  for GitLab for our dist git and project hosting and will continue to run
>  pagure.io with community assistance."
>
> That was back in 2020.  Clearly this hasn't happened yet, but there's
> been almost no communication about the status of this migration since
> then.  The way it was presented was that this was already a done deal,
> and we could either accept it or GTFO.

IIRC it was a condition of that proposal that we wind up on a hosted
version of the *open source* release of gitlab, which is something we
managed to talk gitlab into doing for us. IMBW, though, it was a while
ago.

The status of that plan has been kinda up in the air for a while, AIUI.
For a while it was an ENOTIME thing, then there was talk about getting
around to actually doing it, then at Flock I heard rumours that
somebody's interested in picking up Pagure maintenance again,
so...*shrug emoji*
--
Adam Williamson (he/him/his)
Fedora QA