Re: F39 Proposal: Make Toolbx a release-blocking deliverable and have release-blocking test criteria (System-Wide Change)

On Mon, Jun 5, 2023 at 6:28 AM Debarshi Ray via devel
<devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I wanted to wrap up this sub-thread on-list, after Owen and I chatted
> about it off-list.
>
> I am fine with having the fedora-toolbox OCI images being defined as
> kickstart files in the Fedora infrastructure and built by ImageFactory
> and published as another base image, just like the fedora base image
> currently is.

Just an FYI, but we're trying to move away from ImageFactory in the
general sense.  I'm not sure if/how that will manifest itself in
Fedora, but ImageFactory is pretty terrible for debugging things when
it goes wrong.  The options we're looking at elsewhere are Image
Builder, OSBS2, and RHTAP.

Honestly, for base container images the simplest solution is just
buildah but nobody has put a lot of time into making that workable in
the ways that many projects would view as "official".

josh