Re: Auto-assign packager sponsors to tickets?

> No, I'm not saying that. Somebody has enough courage to open the
> package review, discuss it, get to the point that the package review
> was approved. But did not have the courage to reach sponsors. It was
> road block for them.

That's an odd case, I suppose.  I have trouble understand how someone
could make it through all of that process and then not be able to ask
for one more thing, and I would tend to attribute most issues in that
area to process overload and lack of documentation.  But then, that
points out a possibility for automation: When the review flag gets set
to '+' on a NEEDSPONSOR bug, automatically alert the sponsors.  If this
can file the ticket at https://pagure.io/packager-sponsors/ then great;
otherwise there is a mailing list, though it's much easier to lose a
random list message.

I have no idea how to actually make that happen, unless bugzilla things
generate messages on the bus.

> And it is quite common.

I personally think it's far more common for someone to simply not be
available to do a package review; at least that's how it was when I was
actively doing reviews.  There are so many, and so much of the process
was placed on the reviewer that could easily be done by the submitter or
by automation.  (When I was doing it, a significant percentage of
package submissions wouldn't even build in mock.  Reviewing licenses and
eventually bundling took ages.)

> Or we can simply remove the road block and write the sponsors (me
> included) that here is an issue waiting for them.

Sure, just plumb the end of the review process (accepted ticket) to feed
right into the sponsor process (let the sponsors know, preferably via
the tracker).  But I don't think that assigning unreviewed tickets to
random sponsors is the right way.  We (mostly) decoupled sponsorship
from the review process for a reason.  (We do still want sponsors to
have done at least a few reviews so we know that they are familiar.)

 - J<