Re: SPDX Statistics - University of Constantinople edition

On Tue, Feb 28, 2023 at 4:33 PM Miro Hrončok <mhroncok@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> However, in both cases at least I notice the unrelated change in the diff. In
> my worldview, both are chaotic (read: they violate my imaginary commit-purity
> O.C.D. rules), but they are not evil (nothing is "hidden"). In the MIT SPDX
> license case, the "mixed in" change is a no-change, so when looking at the diff
> we don't notice it, hence I called it "evil".
>
> Hope that makes sense. No judgement intended, I know people have different
> expectations and habits when it comes to commits (and dist-git commits in
> particular).

I get your point.  However, I think what I did is clearly chaotic
good.  Chaotic neutral would be releasing a new version of a software
package that contains both security fixes and new features.  Chaotic
evil would be releasing a new version of a software package that
claims to contain both security fixes and new features, but in fact
contains changes that make security worse, and all of the new features
are either broken or break old features. :-)

Have a good week.  Regards,
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/