Re: F37 Change: MinGW UCRT target (Self-Contained Change proposal)

On Mon, Feb 7, 2022 at 11:20 AM Kevin Kofler via devel
<devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Marc-André Lureau wrote:
> > Release build should be tested on Windows. It is easy to build and test
> > natively with msys2 nowadays, or build for other targets. Why not use
> > that?
>
> Because I do not have a computer running Windows, nor a Windows license.

For my hobbyist game development, I rely on the Fedora MinGW stack to
be able to produce Windows builds for them. I do all my own
development and work from Fedora Linux and I'd rather not change that.

If anything, our MinGW stack is an amazing selling point compared to
other distributions, because we provide a usable framework to build
applications for Windows.

(Sidebar, I wish the target would be renamed from mingw to windows,
because it's kind of confusing when we don't even rely on a glibc-nt
port...)