Re: Considering ExcludeArch: %{ix86} for webkit2gtk3 (and now also ExcludeArch: %{arm}

On Tue, Oct 26 2021 at 05:48:14 PM +0100, Ian McInerney via devel <devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
None of these feel like cmake-specific flags to me, because -DNDEBUG is applicable to all build chains

-NDEBUG is different, though, because upstream CMake defines that for release builds, so upstream projects probably expect it to be defined unless they go out of their way to remove it, but it seems like it's not getting defined in Fedora builds that use CMake for some reason (not sure why). We probably do want that defined, to match upstream project expectations. But we don't want to add -DNDEBUG in %optflags since with other build systems, since using NDEBUG should be an upstream project choice.

Michael