Re: Fedora 💔 Java: The Death of Two SIGs

On Wed, 29 Sept 2021 at 18:49, Emmanuel Seyman <emmanuel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As an aside, I'm somewhat surprised that the only commit on the Java
> SIG's main wiki page in nearly 4 years is one that simply fixes a
> spelling mistake.  This doesn't jive with the amount of discussion we've
> had on this list nor does it match the amount of work that people claim
> to have done on the stack in recent times.

Honestly I don't think checking the wiki for a SIGs work is any sign
of its work. The one thing I have seen taught to people in Fedora over
and over again is 'YOU NEVER TOUCH THE WIKI'. You change one thing and
you get someone yelling you broke all the translations, or that you
are an idiot for that word choice or quite a few other things, or you
play a game of ghost reversions where someone changes it back to what
was different and tell you 'its a wiki, I can do that.'  Or you spend
8 hours making a set of changes and then get a long 'well can you make
the layout a bit different, that hurts my eyes' from the other people
in the SIG. And finally, you are the new person so you are told by
every person who has had a bad experience or seen someone have a bad
experience to go make all these edits we have lined up but never done.
[Then get told, well that isn't what I would have done..]

Yes not all groups in Fedora are like this, but I have seen it happen
enough time to enough people to not judge wiki work as something
anyone does anymore.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Flame wars in