Re: Grub 2 protected packages

On So, 11.04.21 03:53, Robert Scheck (robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> My intention of packaging efifs for Fedora was to get systemd-boot handling
> my ext4 XBOOTLDR (https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/17756), which
> still is not working, because of the two issues mentioned there (and less
> systemd-boot upstream interest as it seems).

I would be delighted to merge a patch to sd-boot that works around
this issue. None has been submitted so far, and in my personal use
this issue hasn't shown up yet, so I didn't really put the effor in
myself yet.

I'd also be delighted to merge a patch for sd-boot that auto-loads all
drivers in some drop-in directory in the ESP before searching for boot
menu items, so that there's a nice way to load other file system
drivers.

I'll look into both these issues eventually if noone else does, but
it's not the top prio for me I have to say.

A submitted, clean PR would speed things up a lot.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Berlin