Re: Grub 2 protected packages

On Sat, 10 Apr 2021, Neal Gompa wrote:
> We do have those packaged in Fedora: https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/efifs
>
> The GRUB2 sources being used as an input is wrong, though. It should
> be using the ones from the rhboot fork:
> https://github.com/rhboot/grub2/commits/fedora-35

I am sorry, but honestly I do not have much interest to use the Red Hat
grub2 fork, because efifs is patching the grub2 sources as part of its
build process - and I am in doubt that the Red Hat grub2 fork won't break
this (or something else). And if I would open Pandora's box, I wonder if
the efifs upstream maintainer (Cc-ed) is still going to support me further
in case of issues (especially if caused by the Red Hat grub2 fork) - Pete?

My intention of packaging efifs for Fedora was to get systemd-boot handling
my ext4 XBOOTLDR (https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/17756), which
still is not working, because of the two issues mentioned there (and less
systemd-boot upstream interest as it seems).

Regards,
  Robert