Re: F34 gdm login prompt goes crazy when a fingerprint reader with no enrolled prints is present

On Sun, 2021-03-07 at 08:55 -0600, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 7, 2021 at 11:28 am, Björn Persson
> <Bjorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >  Do the ECC-less Intel processors also lack
> > all other MCE support?
>
> No, ABRT used to regularly warn me about thermal events from MCE when
> didn't have a good enough CPU fan. That was an Intel machine. I fixed
> it by replacing the CPU cooler. Thanks, ABRT and MCE.

It suppose it was useful to you. But on most laptops, these MCE thermal
events are expected and not actionable to users. Indeed, in Linux 5.4
the messages were lowered in severity and for the most part filtered
out for this reason (see commits 9c3bafaa1fd8 and f6656208f04e).

Benjamin