Re: Fedora 33 System-Wide Change proposal: Make nano the default editor

On 26/06/20 13:23 -0400, Neil Horman wrote:
Heres a thought that I hadn't considered before though, and it might be useful.
Apple at one point (and still may), shiped iphones without the itunes (or some
common) app on it,
and they did so intentionally, because they knew it was an app that people
wanted, and it forced them into a sort of 'training mission' in which they had
to use the app store on their phone to find and install the itunes app.  It gave
end users, after their initial disgruntledness, the skills to install new apps
on their phone, and explore how some of the system worked.

That's not about learning useful life skills, it's about forcing them
to visit the money-making machine.

I don't think "I had to learn vi and it never did me any harm, new
users should have to as well" is really the right approach for the
distro.

Shut up and learn vi, it's for your own good. And eat your vegetables
or you won't get dessert.