Re: CPE Weekly: 2020-04-04

On Mon, Apr 06, 2020 at 09:35:58AM -0400, Alex Scheel wrote:
> [...]

Watching the discussion in the other big thread, I feel it has become
rather too toxic & negative, going over & over the same points, verging
into personal insults, and repeatly beating people over the previous
communication or process failures. I struggle to see anything positive
coming from further contributors joining in that discussion thread,
which I expect is why so many choose to remain silent.

Going for a formal vote on this topic would not be a good step at this
point in time, as the issue is far too emotive & raw. A vote will serve
to crystalize division instead of healing it & we need to consider what
is viable, as voting for something that can't then be delivered is even
worse.

IMHO there needs to be a general cooling off period, followed by a fresh
look at what the realistic options available to Fedora are, given the
current decisions that have been made & the resources available to the
project[1]. We need to be positive & constructive if we're to make any
progress, and get out of the negative blame game we're in right now.

Regards,
Daniel

[1] I'm not saying that we must go ahead with the decision to replace
    Pagure with GitLab. Just that we need to carefully consider where
    to go from here, as any decision needs to be sustainable for the
    project in the long term.