Re: CPE Git Forge Decision

On Wed, Apr 01, 2020 at 02:49:13PM -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:
> I agree, and wonder about this too. But such a conversation
> immediately runs into the delicate and awkward realm of corporate
> politics: would Red Hat even allow other sponsors, and what are the
> parameters by which this could even happen - it's not clear to me at
> all.

I can answer some of this. I don't think Red Hat has any fundamental
objection to other large sponsors. (We do have many non-Red Hat smaller
sponsors, generally through non-monitary contributions. See
https://getfedora.org/sponsors/). But, who would these other sponsors be?
Red Hat's annual investment in Fedora is in the many millions of dollars.
Someone else with that kind of money to invest probably has other plans.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>