Re: CPE Git Forge Decision

On 3/31/20 8:44 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:

I understand there are practical resource considerations and so on
here, but I still think this merits more high level and serious
consideration. At the very least, if we have somehow reached a point
where Red Hat is no longer willing to provide sufficient resources to
run Fedora on the lines the Fedora community wants it to be run, we
need to recognize that this is a significant problem that needs to be
properly aired and discussed and resolved. In this context I'll note
that the apparent significant headcount reduction of RH people working
on Fedora infrastructure over the last few years is in itself a
worrying trend, particularly if you consider it while reading Clement's
email.

This.

As a user, I wont be shedding a single tear for GitLab over Pagure, BUT.

There's something very wrong with the picture here, and this forge business seems more like an abscess that finally burst rather than the disease itself. I really do not envy being in CPE's pants in this situation.

If the problem is lack of funding for Fedora infastructure, shouldn't we talking about that (finding additional sponsors or something) instead of which limb to saw off to ensure enough blood for the remaining organs?

	- Panu -