Re: Fedora 33 System-Wide Change Proposal: ELN Buildroot and Compose V2

Hi,

On Sat, Mar 28, 2020 at 11:25 PM clime <clime@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From the proposal:
>
>  %if 0%{?fedora} < 32 && 0%{?rhel} <= 8
>
> The fix will be done via a pull request that states a time limit. We
> want the regular maintainers to see / comment / commit, but we also
> don't want things to stall for months and get forgotten about.
>
> ---
>
> What kind of pull request is that? It's like saying either merge or ...
> In other words, great way to lose community members.

This is a better version of what proven packages already do nowadays.

If package already has a disttag-specific conditional, and this
conditional leads to a build failure in the eln-environment, then we
need a fix for that. Here we are not talking about introducing new
conditionals, feature switches or dependency adjustments. We will be
fixing the existing conditional so that package can be built.

Currently proven packagers fix such build failures directly. We will
propose changes via pull requests, so that maintainer has a
possibility to say "no", or to say "do it differently". But if we can
not get any feedback from a maintainer on it, we will fix the build
failure.

--
Aleksandra Fedorova
bookwar